Information Transfering (HTML)

qah661

Baseband Member
I have one question about HTML. I wanted to know if there is a way of making your website detect a client website sending it a request. Once it gets this request and connects, it can send information (data, numbers, strings, etc) from one client computer to another client computer. I don't mean a computer in just in your network, I mean all around the world.

Why I am asking this because I am making a pc game, and I wan't to make it with online play. So if you know the answer to this. Let me know. :)

Thanks

You would not want to use a website for this. You could, however, store the information in some kind of database and use a website to merely access it read-only at a later time. What you would want is to use a server with software specifically designed and created for this task. This system would also need to know which other client to connect to, and this requires that you already know who you are going to be playing with. If you design some kind of Automatch system then this could simply poll all the currently connected clients and find one which matches certain criteria, connects you directly to the peer thus cutting the server out of the loop, and then you can connect directly to your opponent.

PC gaming rarely connects via port 80.

Back
Top Bottom