How would you do this?

hascet

Fully Optimized
I want to make some kind of "mod shop" where users can register and have blanks where they can fill in their specs of their computers, then add pictures, a title, modders name, etc. then submit it and have a page created for it. And I want this to be on a website. Anyone know how I could do this, or could do it themselves?

you would have to make a database driven website, where all these things are n a database and create pages dynamically when asked for. I would suggest using php and mysql. I could help you with more specifics if need by, Let me know if any other questions. Sounds like a cool project to me though.

PHP and MySQL would be the backend, with AJAX at the front to call and display the "parts", "specs", "pictures", "title", etc of the computer in the mod shop as required.

It would be difficult and require a lot of work.... even with PHP and MySQL.

I do not understand how this will be difficult? Why do you need to have Ajax for the front end, You can make a php page that will pull up the information based off the id number of the computer you wish to pull up. It is a simple php mysql project. You can format the front end with HTML and not AJAX.

Ok got this so far...but I don't know how to make it so the words are displayed in the action.php code it just does numbers except for the motherboard output it does the full thing for that...

test.php
Code:
<form action="action.php" method="post">
<p>Motherboard <input type="text" name="motherboard" /></p>
<p>Processor <input type="text" name="processor" /></p>
<p>Hard Drive <input type="text" name="harddrive" /></p>
<p>Video Card <input type="text" name="videocard" /></p>
<p>Case <input type="text" name="case" /></p>
<p>3DMark06 Score <input type="text" name="3dmark06" /></p>
<p><input type="submit" /></p>
</form>

action.php
Code:
<p>Motherboard:</p> <?php echo htmlspecialchars($_POST['motherboard']); ?>
<p>Processor:</p> <?php echo (int)$_POST['processor']; ?>
<p>Hard Drive:</p> <?php echo (int)$_POST['harddrive']; ?>
<p>Video Card:</p> <?php echo (int)$_POST['videocard']; ?>
<p>Case:</p> <?php echo (int)$_POST['case']; ?>
<p>3DMark06 Score:</p> <?php echo (int)$_POST['3dmark06']; ?>
<p>Super Pi 1M Time:</p> <?php echo (int)$_POST['superpi']; ?>

sorry for the late response i have been busy with work. But the reason those are only displaying numbers is because of the int before them. You need to get rid of that. But for the page to actually work, you need to have a form that gets submitted to a database, then a page that is created with all the links from the database. Then when a specific item is clicked you need to go back to the database and show specifics for that item based off the database ID or something smiler. Let me know if any other questions.

Back
Top Bottom