Can i link MS Access database to the Internet?

evolookah

Beta member
Hello everyone. Im new here..
Is it possible to connect or use my Access Database on my website? what code do i use.. php? html only? javascript? or is there any software that will automatically do the code for me.. thank you id really appreciate it if you help me..

and please can you give an example on how to do it?

Hello,

i "think" and this is not guaranteed but i'm sure you can use your access database on your website BUT you need a databse host like MySQL. Just the same as your web pages need a server to get online your databse does too.

Once you have a host for it then you will probably be best using PHP to interact with it, which means you will need an "addon" (not sure of the correct term for it) so that your web server can understand the PHP commands. I reccomend PHPMYADMIN.

Hello,

i "think" and this is not guaranteed but i'm sure you can use your access database on your website BUT you need a databse host like MySQL. Just the same as your web pages need a server to get online your databse does too.

Once you have a host for it then you will probably be best using PHP to interact with it, which means you will need an "addon" (not sure of the correct term for it) so that your web server can understand the PHP commands. I reccomend PHPMYADMIN.

MySQL is a database system in it's self... you could export your access database as SQL and then import it into MySQL (which would probably be the best bet).

If you wanted to work with your Access DB without exporting it as a MySQL, then I'm fairly sure the PHP ODBC Driver can read access files. Take a look at: Using ODBC with PHP | PHP Everywhere

Back
Top Bottom