Random Google question

-Austin-

Solid State Member
Is there a way to pay google to put your link at the top of the list in a search? And, if so, how much?

Also, how much do the blue 'Sponsored Links' cost?

You can pay google to have a sponsored link for particular keywords. You can also participate in their link exchange program which generates cash for you. The programs you are both interested in are AdWords, and AdSense. You can find more information about both here: https://adwords.google.com and for AdSense: http://www.google.com/services/adsense_tour/ Both are great programs for driving hits to your web site and earning cash. It also helps if your site is optimized for their search engine.

Both of them are Pay-per-Click advertisements. For example:
I have a website about manufacturing computer components. I can purchase sponsored linkage when certain keywords are typed into a google search engine. If I purchase the following keywords for my site:
Computers, computer parts, electronics, computer components, ohio, united states, streetsboro, portage county.
Those keywords have different values when someone clicks on them. Pay per click means that when someone types in a search with any of the given keywords, your site pops up, and they click your site, you will pay x amount of dollars based on the keywords that drove them to your site. Computers as a result will cost me more money than portage county.

You can't pay to get on the top of the Google rankings, but you can buy sponsored links for certain keywords at Google Adwords.

yes, I have read about the programs and sponsored links for google but I just did a random search for 'Walmart' and obviously the first thing on the list was the walmart stores website. hypothetically would there be any way for me to get my link above the walmart link in a search for 'walmart'?

in google, probably not. Their ranking system is based on a lot of things, like how often their spider visits your site(not very), how many external links you have, how many other sites link to your site, what your site's pagerank is, how much you pay them, how good your keywords are, what your description is, what keywords are entered by the person searching... For you to do that, you would have to make your link more relevant for the search term walmart than walmart's...(good luck with that one) Now if it were a search for "retail store", you might have a chance. Anyway, it's pretty tough do to in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom