paypal as payment option for my website.

petershene

Baseband Member
I am running a new directory website and looking for a solid 3 party payment gateway, I've never really like paypal because of all the bad reviews on it online about people getting scammed hacked and all kinds of other things. I've looked at their developer documentation and from what I remember they seem to have gone to great strides to improve things - I still don't know if i'm fully comfortable with using it. Are there really any alternatives that offer payment from credit card users without having to open a account and offers a subscription ad hoc functionality ?

Online banking and payment are an extremely unsafe way to get your money or even to pay other people. unfortunately it's the way the banks, all of them, have decided to go. I don't think it really matters which online banking system you choose it will be subject to hackers, scammers and fraudsters, who lets face it ALWAYS have the upper hand. PayPal is no better or worse than any of the others. And yes I do use PayPal and yes I have had problems with PayPal but when you buy as much stuff off the internet as I do there isn't any other choice.

I am with pete.i I use Paypal but i have one account that won't take Paypal so i can use Google Pay and that makes him happy. Go Figure???

If stripe is an online banking organisation, and no I haven't looked at stripe because all the people I deal with, without exception, only use paypal, but if stripe is online then it is subject to the same hackers. fraudsters and criminals as any other online banking system.

I'm aware of various different forms of payments you can enable to your site. As long of course as they're PCI-compliant you should be more than fine and you can always look for what really can save you money. If you go through the data on https://reducer.co.uk/guides/card-payments you can find not only what type of provider to choose but also how the whole process works from bottom to top which is important if you want to know how you can save money. Most merchandisers go blindly with the first provider that pops up on a Google search when they could pay half the processing fees.

There are several alternatives to PayPal. Stripe is a widely popular choice known for its secure transactions, ease of integration, and the ability to accept credit card payments without requiring users to have an account. Another option is Square, which also allows seamless credit card transactions. Both Stripe and Square offer subscription and ad hoc payment functionalities.

Back
Top Bottom