I want to create a website

longhi504

BSOD
I've been creating websites using window frontpage for about a year now doing stuff. I have been usually uploading the html codes to freewebs so its a freewebs site with my own custom stuff. DO you guys have any suggestions or tips you can give me to help me out with it or programs to use.

What exactly is the issue?

If you weren't using Freewebs (don't think they support it) but you would use a technology called FTP. File transfer protocol. Using a piece of software like Filezilla. You connect to your website via that and then you can simply drag your web pages (as HTML documents) onto your server.

Any good paid host and a few free web providers have FTP built in and will let you use that. If you do want to upgrade to a paid host (more space, no forced ads etc.) I can help you out. I operate a web hosting company and will give you great rates. There's already a couple forum members on my servers. e.g. tcracker already has 2 hosting accounts with us. We're up 99.93% of the time and very cheap. Visit us if you like DualServe

PS Welcome to CF

okay i would love to get my freewebs account domained but prob is i don't have a credit card. Any other way i can pay and how much are you talking

tom-knox

Our servers: Have 16x the memory of a normal computer and 2x 8 core processors and run 24/7 where physically possible.
sorry for jumping in, your hosting deals seem quite decent, but your text needs clearing up. Whats a 'normal computer'? Good of you to try to help longhi out.

I pay like $4 and something cents every 2 months for my godaddy hosting. If the sites arent that big, that hosting should be fine for you.

okay i would love to get my freewebs account domained but prob is i don't have a credit card. Any other way i can pay and how much are you talking

If you have a paypal account, some hosting companies accept paypal.

Back
Top Bottom