XP services terminating

iwasinnamuknow

Beta member
Ok I've puzzled over this for a few days now. The other day I accidentally kicked my pc and it pulled the network cable out. Once I plugged it back in, DHCP refused to renew its lease.

I rebooted and now windows refuses to start multiple services such as workstation, server, windows audio. If I let it try automatically on boot it logs something about broken pipes in the event log. If I manually start the services I get Error 1067: Process terminated unexpectedly.

I've worked with windows for many years, pandering to its girly tantrums but this one has me stumped. I know I can reinstall and that'll probably fix it...but that's not the point.

I can still access the net via my linux server, which luckily is a million times more reliable than windows. What I don't have is audio, and ability to access my win2003 server, or my samba fileserver.

I can supply any information, although I have no idea where to begin looking for a solution. Accoring to the MS knowlegebase, this problem doesn't exist any more on my version of windows. Fools.

Searching google is pointless, the errors that windows gives me are so generic I might as well search the word "error".

If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them as I'm not giving up on the problem.

Thanks in advance

I would open the case up and make sure that every thing is seated properly. Then restart your computer and see what errors it gives you.

Try running a windows repair from the CD, the drivers may have got corrupt or a
trip some how, repairing windows might correct the network issue. have you tried another cable?

Back
Top Bottom