XP File Issue

Berne

In Runtime
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to restore my submenu file lists to the XP default?

More:

I open a new folder in My Docs, then right click to reveal the file choice submenu but some programmes I previously installled seem to have caused a conflict and deleted the default files?

I have removed the programmes which may have caused this problem but thier file icons are still in my submenu listing? How can I restore this sub menu issue to XP default status?

Bye for now,

Berne...

Berne said:
I open a new folder in My Docs, then right click to reveal the file choice submenu but some programmes I previously installled seem to have caused a conflict and deleted the default files?

You are not talking about the submenu that appears on mouse over of folders that shows some content of folder?

The submenu that appears on r click in folder is different than the submenu that appears r click on folder.

Both these submenus are default & cannot be edited as far as I know with the r click in folder submenu never changing but the r click on folder does change by default to include installed programs like antivirus scan, adware scan, ftp upload, zip program...

What default files have been deleted? You are talking about r click on folder submenu?

If you deleted programs that were listed in r click on folder submenu than they will no longer be listed there.

Hi phranko,

The issue is after the folder is open, or even if you attempt to right click on an open desktop! The submenu had various files available to choose from as a direct shortcut feature for eg.

I am in a new folder and I right click to reveal my file choices, ie I want to open a new works file, I click on the MSW file and presto a file opens within my new folder ( still with me? ), but the fact is now a few of the most popular files are no longer available to me as they have been deleted somewhere during new programe installation or some other tech confilct?

I was searching the computer forums myself lately for an answer and the problem seems to be in the registry, this as you know is a high security zone, but willing to learn I began to read a few different articles and all related to me this:

There is a shell of all files and programes listed in the registry of XP, its here our answer lies, but of the two forums I reviewed on this issue neither provided a cure? Both gave 70% of the answer but at the end of the day no cure?

So if anyone knows the exact steps to take in the XP registry to add file choices to the right click sub menu Id be grateful for same. I mean for all computer users its so basic that when one wants to open a file and is four moves deep into their computer via desktop, click my docs, click new folder, right click for submenu, they dont want to have to continually go back to the desktop to have to open a simple works doc and then have to go through the same moves again to place that file into a chosen folder?

As for XP, I cannot praise the OS enough, its obvious how much time and effort went into putting it together, but I would like to say that one of their well thought out shortcuts has in my case vanished and reparing the issue is proving to be difficult so far.

I shall check in again soon,

Berne... :confused:

Berne,

the problem seems to be in the registry, this as you know is a high security zone, but willing to learn, well thought out shortcuts has in my case vanished and reparing the issue is proving to be difficult so far

The problem could very well be the registry. :confused:

Instead of getting into the registry myself (I have messed mine up before :( ) I use "Registry Mechanic" now. Great program, if there is something wrong in registry this program will repair it for sure.

Free trial here from pctools;
http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/

Hope that helps...

Hi phranko,

Yes Reg Mech is a super tool, and I have used it but still the issue is unsolved, what I need is somone to describe step by step how I can install file options onto my right click sub menu?

It must also be understood that XP home edition came with my computer and therefore I do not have an XP CD, this may or maynot be a contributing factor to my problem?

Bye for now,

Berne... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom