Wireless card not detecting

FoSheezy

Solid State Member
Not sure if this is hardware or software but anyway. So my gf has a compaq v6000 laptop and the wireless access is very iffy. sometimes it will connect with ease, others its like pulling teeth out of a rhino in heat...on top of a medicine ball...using a toothpick. We just moved to a new house and set up a new wireless network. my wireless works fine, out other roommates wireless works fine but hers does nothing. the light is on, device manager says its working properly but it doesnt even give us an option of what network we want to connect to(as there are about 5 in the general area that we could connect). there is no program to choose a network and the windows one is not activated for some reason and wont activate because there is some mystery application blocking it.

I've had it on before but nothing shows up. even when the cable is plugged into the ethernet port no connection shows up, the page is just blank. the internet works when its plugged in but no connection is shown. I just want to figure out this wireless part because it renders the point of a laptop useless, it already needs to be plugged into a wall because the battery sucks but it would be nice to be able to plug into any wall.

Back
Top Bottom