Windows XP & Vista Dual Boot

ChrisMayhew

Beta member
Hello

I made a Dual Boot of XP and Vista to try it out but it seems the Vista won't load and just powers down my monitor.

Any idea how i can remove the vista installation? The vista is on another Hard Drive to what XP is.

Thank you
Chris Mayhew

if Windows vista is on a seperate hhd than your Windows XP, i would just try installing your Vista OS again, but i would try taking out your hhd with the XP on it, try that & see if it works.. then after vista loads ok, shut-down, and put back the other hhd. by the way, is your XP hhd a master or a slave ?

the reason i was asking if it were master, is that Vista might take over as the default OS, so you probably know about how to bring up the OS list. by doing this..

after the computer logo disappears, keep hitting the ESC key, it will bring up the OS list and you can choose wich OS you want to boot up, by up/down arrow keys.

EDIT:
XP is the master drive.

I'll try what you have said :)

cool, hope it works out for you

~mr mixx~ said:
the reason i was asking if it were master, is that Vista might take over as the default OS, so you probably know about how to bring up the OS list. by doing this..

after the computer logo disappears, keep hitting the ESC key, it will bring up the OS list and you can choose wich OS you want to boot up, by up/down arrow keys.

EDIT:

cool, hope it works out for you

Well i was just about to backup some files from the hard drive it was on only to find that the hard drive had disapeared. :(

The drive had unpartitioned itself and i have had to format it. I have lost alot of data too which im not happy about.
So im giving up with Vista..

Thank you anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom