windows XP SP2 problem

andrew2022

Beta member
i installed win XP from a copy last year and it had a program what made it think it was registered. yesterday mornin when i tried to log on it said it had expired and had to be registered. am guessin this is b/c i installed SP2, which the program musn't work with

is there any way i can get it to think it is registered?

So, you installed XP that was on a burnt disk? If so then you wont be able to install SP2 because it is pirated.

why did u use a copied version, microsoft wud av hunted u down so easily if u went on the tinternet

regards
matt

Well they would'nt come knocking at his door, but when he did activate it, Microsoft would make shure his system crashed....

matt_999 said:
why did u use a copied version, microsoft wud av hunted u down so easily if u went on the tinternet

regards
matt

its estimated that 30%(?) of windows is pirated... if they hunted down everyone there would be 100's of millions of ppl in jail

Yeah, there is this "guy" that I know that has a pirated copy of windows and has had no trouble with microsoft. It is illegal for them to create a lawsuit with you because it is illegal for them to be able to "look" at what you are running without registering or dl updates directly from them.

So it is pretty easy to avoid those things.

k, well my mate had a problem with a copied version n they basically took Xp of him. microsoft arent motioring ur actions on ur computer but are able to find out which computers/lapropts etc. have copied versions of xp on them. this is only possible if they are on the internet.

regards
matt

Not really.. Microsoft won't be able to track u down unless u download updates frm them. But my copy has the windows update feature locked down so its okay.

Back
Top Bottom