Windows XP On Playstation3? Is it possible?

Sinonymous

In Runtime
I have a question. Is it possible to run Windows XP on Playstation 3? :confused: I have all ready installed Yellow Dog Linux 5.0 on it. I enjoyed YDL for a while but thought i may be able to get more out of it by installing XP on it. Also I am Linux illiterate. I also noticed i cannot play mp3s or web video content such as youtube or myspace tv. :mad: I have also tried the QEMU Verison of XP and it sucks because it moves rediculously slow, have to make isos to read content, and there is no sound. :mad: :mad: I understand that Playstation 3 has a PPC infastructure unlike the x86 version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again a true install of xp. No emulation.:eek:

um i think you could but would be better off installing a cut down version as some things would be unnecessary

Well I tried the Nlite ISO maker but I'm not sure what to get rid of. Absyn: i have seen that video multiple times but that is still an emulated version.

Windows XP only runs on X86 processors. The PS3 doesn't have an X86 processor.

It's impossible to run XP on it without using some kind of emulation or virtualization (vmware, etc). This kind of software really limits the usefulness if the operating system running under it (Can't access USB ports, etc).

can you chand the processor or is it a built in type. (like it has no socket)

Thanks for the info DJ Chris. I'm usually willing to say yes opening up a game console but.... 500 dollars is a big risk for me unless its already broken and I still use it to play video games. I also have one more question if you guys don't mind. I want to know which linux I should choose if I want to watch Youtube and play mp3s?

Back
Top Bottom