Windows XP loading problem... URGENT HELP!!!!

omarmakki

Solid State Member
I have got a new PC with a 3.2 GHz processor which I think is really enough to operate Windows XP quickly. My PC was working really quickly until suddenly the windows' loading started taking so much time about 20 seconds or something while it used to take only 3 seconds!!! I reformatted my drive and re-installed Windows XP again and it was working well and then suddenly the same problem happened again. I tried reinstalling windows again but the problem showed from the beginning. I dont know what is wrong is it a hardware or software problem. I even tried installing a differenet copy of Windows but there was no progress. Especially that the Windows works prefectly after the loading and I also have Windows 98 SE installed which works perfectly too. Can u help me PLEASE!!!

i think we'll need more info, such as: what type of hard drive do you have? what type of motherboard?

Anyways thanks guys, I fixed the problem. I reinstalled windows after checking up on some hardware in the PC like the RAM and some cards and the processor. And by the way, My mother board is Intel D865PERL and RAM 512 MB DDR PC3200. I also had and until now I have nearly no spyware because I have Ad-Aware SE Pro v 1.05 and Spybot Search and Destroy and McAfee Anti-Spyware, all fully updated. I also have no viruses because I have McAfee Virusscan 9.0 also fully updated. Anyways thanks guys...

This could also be a reason why you are starting up and loading slowly. Mcafee has been known to slow down windows 2000 and later versions of windows. Of course virus software is up to the user but I would prefer Norton over Mcafee unless Mcafee figures out how to keep the speed on your computer.

Back
Top Bottom