Windows XP or 7 For Gaming

Frodo1

Beta member
I mainly use my computer for school and gaming. I mainly play League of Legends, where my FPS drops to 30 when I have settings capped.

I currently use Windows 8.1, and League of Legends now has compatibility issues with Windows 8.1, so I am going to be downgrading.

I can either downgrade to Windows XP or Windows 7, but Im not sure which will allow me to get the highest FPS. What do you think?

Choose between 7 or XP? Ok, well XP has no support, which means it will be very vulnerable to attacks. So 7 all the way, although I agree with BK_123 and will add that what we need is the age of your computer, as well as the model and type.

Please note that any downgrade in OS will cause you some trouble from the start, so be prepared to deal with driver updates, and other issues that you will have to deal with manually.

Also I wouldn't recommend using an unsupported OS that Microsoft no longer releases updates/patches for. If you were to use XP you can download SP3, A good firewall as the built-in will no longer work, Good antivirius like Avast and a good browser such as Chrome or Firefox..

Also I wouldn't recommend using an unsupported OS that Microsoft no longer releases updates/patches for. If you were to use XP you can download SP3, A good firewall as the built-in will no longer work, Good antivirius like Avast and a good browser such as Chrome or Firefox..
We do still need the build though, or we will not be able to tell if there are drivers that are supported with XP.

Back
Top Bottom