windows live mail

billozz

In Runtime
hi all can anyone help please.
i am on windows 8 and use windows live mail, suddenly my emails are showing as individual mails rather than a list i can sort through, anyone any idea how i can change it back?
thanks
Bill

I'm personally having trouble envisioning what your issue is. Can you post a screenshot of what you're talking about?

Also, what version of WLM are you using?

ok ill try to explain because im not sure a screenshot will help.
when i am looking at my inbox, i would normally see a list of emails with just who sent the email and the subject line. at the moment that has changed andwhat i am seeing is what i wouls see if i had clicked on the email and opened it, there is no list. i am sure i have pressed something and changed a setting but i cannot figure it out.
thanks for the reply.
sorry not sure of the version, how do i find out?

thanks for the answer , when i click on the view icon "conversations" is not active

Exactly -- that is the issue. Conversation view should be active. When it is active, emails are grouped into threads based on the subject. Without conversation view, they are not grouped at all, so there is no list of emails associated with that subject.

Exactly -- that is the issue. Conversation view should be active. When it is active, emails are grouped into threads based on the subject. Without conversation view, they are not grouped at all, so there is no list of emails associated with that subject.

how do i activate it then please?

If the conversations button is grayed out, you may not be sorting emails by date. How are the emails currently sorted? You should have a number of columns (such as email subject, date, etc). You should ensure that the emails are being sorted by the date (by clicking onto the date column at the very top, where it says 'date'). Then try to turn the conversation view on again.

Alternatively, you can install teamviewer.com if you wish, and send me a private message with the ID and password. I'll be happy to connect real quick, and try to fix it for you. :)

Thanks!

no i dont think "conversation" is the issue i have attached 2 screen views that i hope will explain in one of them you can see a list of mail in my trash folder showing who sent the mail and a subject line ( i have to click on one of them to open them so that i can read the content of the email) and in the other screen capture i do not see a list, the email is open already

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 1.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Fullscreen capture 2.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
Hey there!

I don't have a copy of Windows Live Mail handy, but I'd start by checking in the "Views" tab. You more than likely have a different view setup for the inbox, and this has caused for the message preview to show, as opposed to the message list. All in all, it should be a very easy fix.

After doing a Google search on your behalf, it appears that others have reported similar issues, but the suggestions indicate that the members helping them did not fully understand the request. Had they all started with showing a screenshot as you did, they'd probably have gotten further. :)

Hopefully that helps!

Back
Top Bottom