Windows bootloader does not show up

nisargshah95

Solid State Member
Hi I had a Pc running Windows XP/Ubuntu 11.04 dual boot. Now this is my problem -

I formatted the partition containing Ubuntu 11.04. So now I had to restore the bootloader via the recovery console [simple]. But Me The Great by mistake made the CD to install Windows XP on another partition.
So I force restarted the PC as soon as I saw the installation take place and now every time I boot up my PC, I see the Windows logo booting and then the Windows XP setup comes up. I tried using fixboot and fixmbr and also repairing but no avail.

The C: [Original Windows] is still intact with all it's files. Can someone tell me how do I make my original Windows booting?

PS - I don't want to re-install Windows again, although I've already spent close to 3 hours fixing it..

Here's a gparted screenshot -

Wow. That is some strange setup you got going. Well first and foremost you need to create a Windows XP CD. You are going to need it to get the boot fixed. The next step is to remove the XP install from your system to stop it from booting.

Open up the boot.ini file. What does it show?

Back
Top Bottom