Windows 8, SSD, didn't boot

nbrikha89

Baseband Member
This might have been a hardware failure, I'm not sure, but yesterday I went to boot up the PC and it didn't. It went to startup repair and that failed too. Afterwards, my SSD wasn't showing up as a boot drive. It kept booting off my old HDD that had Windows 7 on it. After unplugging that, it wouldn't boot at all. It finally started after I booted from my Windows 8 DVD and ran the repair on the SSD. Nothing missing, no files damaged that I could see, but I don't know what happened and if my SSD is clicking or if Windows 8 is still very much glitchy. I want to replace it before it's too late. Any help? Couldn't find any logs with cmd sfc.

One other caveat, my peripherals and anything plugged in USB still have power in them even after the PC is shut down entirely. Could something in my mobo have damaged my SSD? I posted this in software because Windows 8 didn't boot.

A bit tricky this. But try pulling the mobo battery for a couple of minutes. If that does'nt help? Flash a new bios. Have you runned any health check program on the SSD?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom