Windows 8 Question

I disagree.

My laptop is non-touch screen, and I am running Windows 8 without any problems. It's great to run and is so easy to run as well - easier than Windows XP/Vista/7. Sure, it is probably designed for Tablets or Touch Screen Computers, but it definitely works a treat and is brilliant on normal laptops as well.

How do I know? I am running Windows Eight Professional.

My mom has it on her laptop without a touch screen and i'm fine with it

Yep, I have Windows 8 on my PC, no problems at all with it, and it certainly isnt hard to use.

The process to dual boot is simple. It doesnt even require EasyBCD, even though that is a valid option.

To setup a dual boot of Windows 7 and Windows 8 is simple. Once you download the upgrade advisor and purchase your copy of Windows 8, you will be prompted on what you want to do with it. From there you simply create an ISO of the download, do not select any other option. After you create the ISO burn it using your favorite ISO burning software.

Then do what you normally would. Make sure that you create a partition for Windows 8, my personal choice for this is GParted. It is free and easy to use. After that insert the Windows 8 DVD and boot from it. Go through the setup process and Windows 8 will automatically create the dual boot setup for you.

Now you will have the nice pretty GUI dual boot screen option with Windows 8 on top and Windows 7 underneath. Just use the arrow keys to make your selection as you would with the text only selection screen pre-Windows 8 days and hit enter. It will then boot the selected OS.

Just a heads up, dont get scared if you select Windows 7 from the GUI and you see it reboot and show the BIOS screen again, this is normal behavior. Since Windows 8 now uses the UEFI secure boot, it basically reboots the system and starts with the OS that was selected and doesnt use UEFI boot options. The BIOS screen will show and then it will boot directly into Windows 7 at that time while skipping the GUI selection screen.

This is what I have personally done when I upgraded my system to Windows 8 and it worked perfectly. I have a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and Windows 8 along with the GUI boot.

I think someone should make tutorial for windows 8 install and post it in the member articles submissions area..

Back
Top Bottom