Windows 8 Java

Thanks, BK, but that doesn't work for me. When I put in java control panel it doesn't pull up anything. I'll keep trying though, tomorrow. :)

I couldn't see you without it! 0_O Right? I will poke around more today, with that link you gave me. I'll let you know when I do find it.
:)

Java is found in the browser. Open IE and look in the top right corner for a gear icon.
From the drop down select manage add ons. You'll find it on the list.

Naw, not there either. On other windows it is in control panel. It's this 8 that has me confused. I'll look again, maybe I missed it.

Does anyone know where java is on windows 8?
Thanks

According to the latest Java 7 update,windows officially declared and continues its support with windows 8 and other operating systems.But it will supports only in desktop screen.There won't be any custom software available for Java to run in start screen.Java icon is available in the control panel of windows 8.Please follow these steps to install Java in your system and it help you run JRE in your system.More details are available in the website of Java regarding the troubleshoot of windows 8 with java.

1. goto java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
2. Download and Install Windows Offline (32-bit)
3. Download and Install Windows Offline (64-bit)
4. After installing Java, restart your browser
5. goto java.com/en/download/installed.jsp to Verify Java Version has been installed correctly

Back
Top Bottom