Windows 7 shuts down...

herbycanopy

Baseband Member
Aloha! I just updated to Windows 7 x64 but I am having problems with it shutting down. Then I walk away from my computer for a few minutes I come back and I have to push the power button to get it out of what looks like sleep mode.

How can I change this so that it does not happen? When in sleep mode or what ever it is can people still access my computer threw my home network? Most of the time when I am not at my computer I just switch users that way my programs are still running in the back ground and the other people in the house can access my shared documents.

To change your power options, go to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.

I don't think it can be accessed while it's in sleep mode as it is basically shut down for all intents and purposes.

You alway have power option in the control panel but at the same time if you have lots of virus in there then also you can't get shut down. I hope you can understand what can be the problem with you. Always check the power option first.

Back
Top Bottom