Windows 7 retail version and system builder version

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
What is the difference between Windows 7 retail version and the version for system builders? They're having a hell of a deal on W7 Ultimate 64-bit for system builders on newegg for pre-order and I'm wondering if I should do it?

I think "system builders" is just another way to advertise "OEM" which usually requires you to buy a piece of hardware with it. I'm not sure if Newegg is doing anything different with it though.

I think "system builders" is just another way to advertise "OEM" which usually requires you to buy a piece of hardware with it. I'm not sure if Newegg is doing anything different with it though.
It says though it cannot be transferred to another pc. If I install it on my laptop and then I decide to build another rig and want to install it, will I get screwed and not be able to install it?

hey will they send me the right copy of 7? I ordered the upgrade and I need the 64 bit...hope they don't screw up.

It says though it cannot be transferred to another pc. If I install it on my laptop and then I decide to build another rig and want to install it, will I get screwed and not be able to install it?
It says that on like every copy so I really don't think it'll matter.

hey will they send me the right copy of 7? I ordered the upgrade and I need the 64 bit...hope they don't screw up.

Make a new thread, stop hijacking others.

Back
Top Bottom