Windows 7 - Need help on start up :)

TP-Oreilly

In Runtime
i have windows 7 64bit, and i7 processor, and a hd 5830 graphics with 3gb of triple channel ram.... the problem is that when i turn my pc on, the windows welcome screen comes on, after its done what it does, my screen goes black with the cursor showing for 5-10 seconds, then my desktop shows, ive put services on minimal and selected no startup programs, i dont understand why its doing this because on other windows 7 pc's with much lower spec after the welcome screen loads their desktops show straight after without any black screen delay???

I cant think of anything which ive installed which would cause this, any ideas, my cpu and so on works fine because its smooth running once its all loaded up

I know when Vista came out, Microsoft integrated the auto detect a projector feature. I don't know if that was one of the things that was carried over in Windows 7 but that would be something I would look into. Also would look into see if you have the lastest and greatest drivers for everything.

I finally figured it out, it was norton internet security what done it, i also tryied kapersky f-secure, they also made the load up show the black screen, but then i tryied AVG and it works fine.

Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom