Windows 7 freezes on new PC

pitbull30

Baseband Member
I have a fairly new PC. (less than a year) Custom built with an ASUS mobo, GTS 250 card, 500 gb HD. 4gb RAM. I was running XP before which almost makes me want to go back to it.

I installed windows 7 on it about 6 months ago. All of a sudden lately the browser freezes up but I can still move the cursor arrow around but I cant click anything. Then a few minutes later the cursor freezes up and I have to restart it. Its really random too. Sometimes it runs for hours good then other times its just a few minutes into running.

I dont have much on my computer just pictures, documents and some music. Hardly any add-on programs. Just the basic stuff like Adobe, Mozilla, Open Office etc.

I tried reinstalling mozilla and still nothing. I think its alittle to early to be reinstalling Windows 7 after just a few months.

If I go to the System logs I see the following errors.

-Kernel power (which i think is when i reset/restart it)

-The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume \Device\HarddiskVolume1.

(ive ran checkdsk and it seems to fix or find nothing)

There there is some yellow errors that say: Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Back
Top Bottom