Is Windows 7 flawed?

Gunnarboy

Beta member
[FONT=&quot]I am at my wits' end with Win 7 operating system? It seems to have a mind of its own, and I get weird, and not so wonderful things happening. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Window's Defender decided to block access to Yahoo Messenger inexplicably today. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With Hotmail, quite a few times I have clicked on my mail items but it doesn't open them. I have to restart to get it to work.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The other night, whilst watching a Blu Ray DVD I had a ‘pop up' to say Windows is resetting colour graphics, or something like that (it was so quick), and shut down my viewing after 20 minutes. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also, I'm getting problems with Word Documents, in that when I open one, I keep getting a ‘pop up' saying "There was a problem sending a command to the program"? If I don't clear it, I cannot open any further Microsoft docs, or Excel ones for that matter. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With Windows updates, it keeps wanting me to install the same one KB2310138, even though I have installed it successfully, already. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It's almost as if Win 7 has in itself become a virus, and wants its own way on how my laptop performs. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I cannot even do a system backup to an external hard drive .... Windows doesn't recognise it, or if it does, it says I need more space, even though I have 936GB spare. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My laptop is an Acer Aspire 8943G (64 bit), and Browser is Firefox. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If anyone has any ideas why Win 7 is performing so erratically, I would greatly appreciate your views. I have never had any problems with XP, or Vista, albeit on 32 bit machines. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many thanks in anticipation[/FONT]

Perhaps you have a flawed installation, or a virus/malware? I have been using Win 7 for over 1 1/2 years and don't experience any of the issues you are describing. Have you scanned with something like Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and scanned with your anti-virus?

Windows is inherently flawed, because of it's popularity.

Crackers and cyber criminals will always target the majority OS, since obviously they'll get more people that way, because it's the MAJORITY OS. That's why Windows is Flawed.

in YOUR case, however - looks like you got a virus in there somewhere son. If not, then it sounds like some of your drivers might be going funny.

I think it's just a few people where it's flawed my one works fine and I love Windows 7.

Well it's definately not normal for it to act like that.

try getting all your data off and wipe and load the OS, it's the only true way to remove any infection. Make sure you use an official disk, since torrented ISOs can contain viruses themselves.

[FONT=&quot]Window's Defender decided to block access to Yahoo Messenger inexplicably today. [/FONT]

Yahoo Messenger will change it's executable file when it updates so with AV/Firewall suites, this can be typical.

[FONT=&quot]With Hotmail, quite a few times I have clicked on my mail items but it doesn't open them. I have to restart to get it to work.[/FONT]

If you have hotmail, you should be able to set it up through Outlook or Thunderbird. The AV suites can better protect you when they have to download the email prior to opening.

[FONT=&quot]The other night, whilst watching a Blu Ray DVD I had a ‘pop up' to say Windows is resetting colour graphics, or something like that (it was so quick), and shut down my viewing after 20 minutes. [/FONT]

If your video card runs out of VRAM, then this can happen....although it should only happen when a specific program is not compatible with the Aero look or it's using a large amount/all of the VRAM... not while watching a movie.

[FONT=&quot]Also, I'm getting problems with Word Documents, in that when I open one, I keep getting a ‘pop up' saying "There was a problem sending a command to the program"? If I don't clear it, I cannot open any further Microsoft docs, or Excel ones for that matter. [/FONT]

You can try a reinstall of Microsoft Office but my end solution will make you reinstall it anyway.

[FONT=&quot]With Windows updates, it keeps wanting me to install the same one KB2310138, even though I have installed it successfully, already. [/FONT]
Uncheck it from the list of updates to be installed.

[FONT=&quot]It's almost as if Win 7 has in itself become a virus, and wants its own way on how my laptop performs. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I cannot even do a system backup to an external hard drive .... Windows doesn't recognise it, or if it does, it says I need more space, even though I have 936GB spare. [/FONT]

Right click on My Computer and click Manage, then go to Storage Devices and see if the device is listed there or is awaiting a drive letter.

I would seriously recommend reinstalling Windows. First, reinstall over the current version so it saves all of your files. Then backup everything you need from the new Windows.old folder and get it on your external drive. Once you have everything off the drive, then reinstall Windows again but in the drive selection of the install, completely format the drive and install Windows fresh.

Back
Top Bottom