Windows 10 Updates

placidarc

Baseband Member
Hi.
Although I am on a metered connection I normally have enough data to install updates. however is there a way to find out the size of these updates before downloading to ensure sufficient band width is available.
Regards.
Mike

Hi.

Although I am on a metered connection I normally have enough data to install updates. however is there a way to find out the size of these updates before downloading to ensure sufficient band width is available.

Regards.

Mike

I think there's none. But 100mb would be enough.

By the way, if you are on a metered connection you have to let Windows know about this. Otherwise it'll act as if it was an unrestricted connection.

Hardly an answer to the question

I think I got it. You are on a metered connection and thus watching your data usage.

You are right, you should have the option of seeing the size of the data before attempting to download.

Oh hello fellow Australian. May I ask if you are connected to the NBN and who is your ISP? Most of the bigger ISP's have big data allowances or unlimited unless you are using mobile broadband or satellite.

Did you at least read the other answers?

Yes I did and cleaned some useful info

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Oh hello fellow Australian. May I ask if you are connected to the NBN and who is your ISP? Most of the bigger ISP's have big data allowances or unlimited unless you are using mobile broadband or satellite.

I an on mobile broadband as we do a lot of caravanning

Back
Top Bottom