Windows 10

WHY IS YOUR WORK PC RUNNING 10?
There is somthing wrong with anyone who chooses to use an OS that is still in development to do work on...

Correct me if I am wrong but some people may do it for early testing purposes to decide if its going to be the right OS them or their business. I don't run it on a physical machine and instead a VM which is very good. I don't know whether I'll head to Windows 10 once its released but guess I'll just have to wait and see what tricks Microsoft pulls out of the hat closer to the release..

Correct me if I am wrong but some people may do it for early testing purposes to decide if its going to be the right OS them or their business. I don't run it on a physical machine and instead a VM which is very good. I don't know whether I'll head to Windows 10 once its released but guess I'll just have to wait and see what tricks Microsoft pulls out of the hat closer to the release..
You are not wrong, but if a business runs it to find out if it will work, then a VM is the only way to go.

No font issues here. (running build 9860)

Yep I don't think it is affecting every computer that is testing Windows 10. But I went on the Tech Preview or insiders or Windows 10 (sorry I cannot remember what it was called now LOL) Facebook page and there were a couple of posts there referring to it. I did try to post in the forum but that didn't seem to want to work for me at that time either. You are using the same build as me so, presumably, it is a hardware conflict of some sort I would guess.

The problem with using an OS that is in pre-Beta status for production purposes is that there is a chance that your data will be at risk (there's always a risk of losing data, but the risk higher with early release software). You can mitigate that problem by keeping good backups or if the data on your machine is not important and you can loose it and not be effected. However, a business would be crazy to risk data that is essential to the business's existence.

Pete:
Might be. Might be driver issues.
Have you fixed it?

Nope not fixed. I have no drivers other than the ones that Microsoft send me in the builds. We are on build 9860 and I had an email tonight from Microsoft saying that build 9879 is available and that this will be the last build for this year. Maybe that will fix it.

For those that are saying that data will be lost etc. I am running Windows 10 preview on a separate hard drive. The HDD are easily swapped over on my laptop, they are not even fixed as in screwed in, so I just turn off take one HDD out and slot the other one in. So if it all crashes all I have to do is reinstall the Win 10 ISO that I have on a USB key. I am not using my Win 10 HDD for anything else other than testing Windows 10.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/pete-i1/Image1.png

The font problems I am having are shown in this pic. This is what a search page from google looks like.

Not sure why but I have answered your questions re Win 10 but when I posted my reply it now has to be "allowed" by a mod. Maybe it's because I attached a screen shot of my Win 10 font problems. Oh well, hopefully, you will see what I mean by font problems when the mods post it.

Here you go, I posted it for you..

EDIT: Sorry it's so small, but the image tags your picture provided gave us this picture. I tried to help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom