What's you'r favorite OS?

I like Windows because it does everything you could want, and it's user friendly.

I'm dualbooting Linux on an old PC and it's just not cutting it for home/office use, too slow and clumsy.

btw zodiak, I'm very interested in your custom OS ideas, I'd sure like to do something like that. There's another guy on this forum called Techy Geek who's been asking (see the "Making an OS" thread).

It'll be nice to see a nice, new OS.

I know I want an OS that dose the things I want it to, so I'm making my own with Techy Geek. Feel free to join.

zodiak said:
I know I want an OS that dose the things I want it to, so I'm making my own with Techy Geek. Feel free to join.

I'll look into it, Sourceforge might be useful. Also, I don't use MSN much at all, can we chat via PM?

What have you and Techy Geek got planned so far? Sounds like a great idea, I can help you with some stuff (I'm not a great programmer, but it's a learning experience). We still need more people though, 3 won't be enough. There might be other people on this forum who would like to help, or there are other forums as well (gamedev.net)

btw you need to clear your PM inbox, I can't send you anything.

Signing off for now, ttyl.

Making something simple and bootable doesn't look all that hard from what I've read. I just don't know any Assembly.

This could be an ongoing thing, if we signed up for SourceForge or just get some web hosting we could all do our bit and upload stuff, hopefully resulting in a working OS ;)

Back
Top Bottom