Weird Download Speeds...

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
Well a while back my internet was down so i call ed the guy and he came out and fixed it right.. But i was wondering why i have such slow download speeds (i have officially hit 1mb per second)... he said that i could either have a old or slow Processor (Intel Pentium 4) its not really a bad processor (yet i know its not the best)... then he said it could be that i have a pirated WinXP...
I was leanin more towards the Pirated WinXP... (Considering i never actually installed mine. some retard from my mom's work did)
But i have passed all those genuine Windows tests...(but i also know there are ways of getting ur "pirated" windows "genuine".. if u know what i mean)..

if someone could help me out plz... it really pisses me off that i get a maximum of 55mb

and oh yeah im on DSL... i should at least be hitting 150-200mb

THANKS

p.s. i hope this is the right section.. it has to do with windows so...

Well a while back my internet was down so i call ed the guy and he came out and fixed it right.. But i was wondering why i have such slow download speeds (i have officially hit 1mb per second)... he said that i could either have a old or slow Processor (Intel Pentium 4) its not really a bad processor (yet i know its not the best)... then he said it could be that i have a pirated WinXP...
I was leanin more towards the Pirated WinXP... (Considering i never actually installed mine. some retard from my mom's work did)
But i have passed all those genuine Windows tests...(but i also know there are ways of getting ur "pirated" windows "genuine".. if u know what i mean)..

if someone could help me out plz... it really pisses me off that i get a maximum of 55mb

and oh yeah im on DSL... i should at least be hitting 150-200mb

THANKS

p.s. i hope this is the right section.. it has to do with windows so...

Max speed for DSL is 8mbps download.

Its defiantly not you copy of XP, Its probably you ISP capping you downloads as most ISP have a fair usage policy which limit your usage during there peek times, go to you ISP website and look under the terms and conditions of your INTERNET package to see what your usage is, also try deleting all your temporary files that may be clogging up your system. run a speed test as mention before but run it at different times of the day to see if there is a big difference at all.

well this is my result...

BTW when the guy came and looked at my stuff...
1)he gave me a new modem...
2)he hooked his laptop to my internet and downloaded a screensaver (just to test it out).. he was gettin like 150-200...

but when i download something i get
untitled-1.jpg

see im getting 1152 up there but only 159 down here.. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom