Want To Buy Studio Monitors And an Audio Card! HELP!!!

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
What do you guys suggest???

Im thinking of getting 2 KRK Rockit 8's and an E-MU 0404 PCI audio card.

If not the KRK's, Im looking at Event 20/20's.

What do you guys think???

PS. Any really good/cheap firewire audio cards I can hook these up to? They are both 1/4" cables. Eventually, I plan on getting a subwoofer too.

PSS. I only have 2 days to make my decision! HURRRY!!!!!

The soundcard choice is great, I was going to get an EMU0404, but instead went and got an EMU1212M. Both are great choices for cards. Firewire cards, your looking at spending far more money unfortunately, but if you are looking for a firewire card check out the M-Audio Firewire 410.

Speaker wise, never heard the Rockit 8's (Unless you mean RP8's?, which are a fairly liked monitor). However I have one recommendation that you should check out. A smaller company called Yorkville makes some monitors called the YSM-1P. These are what I own, and I love them. They blew everything under 800$ CDN a pair (I picked them up for 600$ a pair) out of the water. You should be able to pickup a pair for 450$ USD. Their's a link here http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?id=118&cat=20&type=33

I love them, and dare you to find a single bad review about them. Combo jack that's balanced 1/4" / XLR too, so it fits right at home with the EMU card. Please note that the EMU0404 is NOT balanced, whereas the EMU1212M and above ARE balanced.

What do you mean balanced?

And I dont need any of this for audio editing or mixing. I just love music ;)

My oldest brother does mixing and djing, and ive heard his Rockit 8's (RP= Rockit Powered), and DAMN. I am in love, he said he highly recommends them.

Found a pair on an online auction at 104$ for the PAIR right now! And in excellent condition :D

I was also looking at the 1212M though :)

Whats balanced!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom