vista and ownership/permissions

ForeverZero89

Beta member
i just got a new computer with vista home premium(win 7 has yet to come in the mail) and after attaching one of my externals i have no access to only one folder in my drive, i have access to all my other folders and files, just not this one.

i *can* however give my self access to the folder but i have over 500 different files in the folder, needless to say i don't want to do this 500 times. i am the administrator, but i can't figure out how to give me blanket access to all the files and folders in this one folder. any ideas? thanks for looking.

Try taking ownership of the main folder and make sure permissions are set to propagate to the sub-folders.

i can't do it or i don't know how. i've been trying for a long time and im pissed that every time i try something that seems it may work it says access is denied. also i thought i did that, but it didn't work. please someone help me before i knock down all the walls in the house.

had to have a fried come over and do a workaround, we never solved the problem, but at least i have access to my songs now.

Back
Top Bottom