Vista Hell !!!

prasadrai

Beta member
I have just purchased a new system with an AMD tri core processor and a Gigabyte motherboard 7400 series.

I first installed Vista Ultimate 32 bit version, for which the installation went on pretty smoothly in the second try. I was able to load all my drivers, upgrade to vista sp1 and download and install all updates.

I then restarted the system after installing Windows updates and ATI device driver updates, this is when the troubles started.

Vista could not restart, i was being taken to the GRUB loader with an error that bootmgr was not found.

I tred to do a startup repair using the vista CD , which said repair sucessful but i still got the same error.

I tried to re-install windows but then it wouldnt let me format my drives too, giving an erorr that system information could not be found in the partition.

I used an old Win Xp disk to delete all partitions and reformat my drives.

I now installed Vista ultimate 64 bit, which installted fine, but as soon as i loaded the ATI drivers the Operating system conked up again.

Fed up all this I installed Ubuntu, which installed and worked well.

I now want to install Vista 32 bit again, the install DVD now gets stuck at Completing Installation. I am going to try with a new installation media.

Has anyone else seen similar issues, please help.

Back
Top Bottom