Vista Backup Recovery in Windows 7?

aelkman

Beta member
Hi! I'm new to the forums here, so hello all :)

Here is my dilemma. I want to upgrade to Windows 7 64x from my Vista 64x, but I don't know what will happen if I try to restore my system backup from Vista inside of 7. Will I be able to recover the files in the different OS? Intuition tells me yes, but I want to double check before I go ahead with this.

ALSO, as far as I know, Vista doesn't backup the installed programs on my computer in it's backup feature (it only saves media files and some other system settings as far as I know). Am I correct in assuming this? If this is the case, is there any program I can use that would make a full image/backup of my programs, that could later be recovered from within 7? Intuition tells me no one this one, but I figure it's worth a shot in the dark.

If you use the upgrade version of windows 7 then all your files and programs will still be intact when you upgrade.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to run a Vista backup in Win7.

Thanks for the info, I'll try and upgrade tomorrow :D
Just for good measure you better backup your important data. It's always a good idea to do that before you do anything like upgrading your OS, just in case something goes wrong.

You can also use data backup software for your system. Software serve as effective data storage solutions, make you able to protect your system data from any theft or virus and your required data is stored automatically.

Back
Top Bottom