Vista 64-bit won't play commercial movies

Havola

Beta member
Problem: Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit does not recognize DVD VIDEO_TS folder on a movie DVD. In other words, Windows Media Center cannot play a Movie DVD. I see the VOB file is used by Window Media Center, but the BUP and IFO files are not seen. When I insert a movie DVD and try to play it, Windows Media Center says it cannot detect a video DVD into the drive. Also, when I open explorer and look at the DVD drive, it shows no disc it it, opens the DVD drive and asks me to insert a disc. It shows all other CD and DVD disc, and I can read and write data, photo files. They are all seen, just not the DVD movie DVDs. I can make movies from Windows Movie Maker and plays those okay. Here's what I've tried so far. Updating DVD driver, uninstalling DVD from Device manager and shutting down then disconnecting the drive from the motherboard. Waited 10 minutes, then reconnected the DVD drive and booted up. None of the above worked. My computer has a LG (HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM SA-H55N ATA) Device, which reads/writes both DVDs and Cd's. My computer is 4 years old, but I've never tried to play a movie DVD in it before.
Manufacturer: Cyberpower, Inc (desktop)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2DuoCPPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit
Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom