Vista 32bit vs 64bit.

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
Okay, so I am deciding what version of vista to put on my new computer. I really want 64 bit due to the fact that 32bit cannot address all of my RAM.

My main concern is running 32 bit programs under 64 bit, how well will this work? Will 64 bit in any way be slower than 32 bit, because I heard it would be (if you are running 32 bit programs)...

I thought the 32bit version of vista could address 8GB of RAM. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I read that somewhere.

I thought the 32bit version of vista could address 8GB of RAM. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I read that somewhere.

nope all 32 bit OS's can only read 3.25Gb RAM

and as for the slower IE i dont think so i have 64 bit vista ultimate on my desktop and it runs just fine.

the only downfall is that some programs wont run correclty on 64 bit like my second life that continuously says corrupt file - second life.exe

so its upto you how much RAM do you have ? coz if you have 4Gb i have to agree then its a waste and id def go with 64 bit

Yeah, and i checked all my hardware thats compatible with 32 bit Vista is also compatible with 64 bit vista.

However, both my sound card and likely network card wont work with vista!

hmmmm ... what mode are they .

are there not even beta drivers out for them ?

also youd be surpirsed on my vista 64 bit i didnt even have to download the drivers vista did it all for me i know i should download the right 1's but i get good sound and my net is running fine ....

the only thing i downloaded was my g card drivers

u talking bout the onboard ??? look here http://evga.com/support/drivers/

Back
Top Bottom