user acount help!

dude_se

Proper Legend
basically my friend was messing about with net user and my main account got deleted. i then only had limited accounts available. for some reason i got some patch installed whilst running vista (as a last resort) i was able to logon to my admin after a failed attempt before. i then re made my account and im an admin fine. its just i cannot get into all my old documents. it says access denied and the folder says its like 45mb. ive got some important stuff.... oh system restore doesnt have any dates :confused: any ideas?

Like raffaz said, you got a new SID theirfor you need to retake ownership of the files.

Than you may also have to rename the folder

how do i take ownership of the files? ... i would prefer to do a system restore as i have lost my msn smilies, background, etc etc. i dont mind as long as i get them bk tho

edit: i hope they didnt get deleted when the net user thing was done. i seem to have a bit more hdd space, but then again i deleted a bit of stuff today anyway, hmmm

ok i got my documents back. is there any way to get my firebox bookmarks back?
ps sorry for the double post

I'd look in the Firefox folder, maybe there's luck there. They should still be there though. But, if no, you need to redo them all.

hmm i cant see them. apparently firefox makes backups and i read how to find them but the backups were empty :(

ok lol :( .. atleast all my files are back... i seem to have been hit with a virus or something today aswell and am trying to clean it up. great stuff :(

Back
Top Bottom