Upgraded to Windows 7, Rig wont physically power off

Unseenmen

Solid State Member
So after the last couple of days upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, I've run into a couple problems, one a little bigger than the other. When I was upgrading, I usually do a fresh install, but the install crashed when it was expanding the files. I tried it again and after the 2nd crash I got some POST beeps, found out it was memory related, went through the tedious process to find the bad stick and took it out. After the install was complete, I did my usual updates and installs and was done for the night; so I shut it down properly to where the mouse, monitor, and keyboard turned off, but the case fans, cpu fans, and power to the mb was still on.

I've done some reading about other people having this issue, but they have Gigabyte mother boards and it seems to be a problem with the jmicron controller driver; when they updated to most current one, they seemed to run into the exact same problems I'm having, however, I have an Asus mb P5B-e (hindsight purchase) Pentium 4 core duo, now 5 gigs or Kingston DDR2, Antec power supply 500, with a western digital hd 500gig.

If anyone else has run into this with with a similar setup or got a different resolve from the people above, please help me out, it would be nice to stop cutting the power via PSU switch

Back
Top Bottom