Updating to Windows 7 From XP

Moren0

Baseband Member
I am doing an update from windows XP to Windows 7 everything runs & install correctly until the last part were it says completing window installation it just stays at that part. I have left it running for hours and it does nothing but stay in the same phase.. any thoughts? or Ideas?

I ran the program to check if my desktop is compatible to update to windows 7 and it says it will.

This are my desktop specs:

Windows XP Media Edition
AMD Athlon(tm) 64*2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
984 MHz, 960 MB of Ram

I am doing a clean install, & installing from a CD drive it runs but once it gets to the last part were it says completing windows installation it just stays their I've left it running for more then couple hours actually overnight but it was still at the same position. & the cd drive seems to stop spinning during that part can it be the CD??

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Thanks for the replies your help is much appreciated!

Yeah look at how little ram he's got. 960MB of ram? You need to slap another gig in there.
It's running out of ram.

What brand name is that machine?

O ye might want to read that part....:) @Setishock I would love some espresso and my little bro really wants a puppy so if u wanna drop them off around 9pm that would be great.

You have to take the cd out and it will then take you to the page where you setup windows up by entering basic information like date and the, computer name/description..

Also if you are installing a 64bit version of windows 7 you need 2GB ram, if you are installing a 32bit version you need at least 1GB ram..

Back
Top Bottom