Unpluged everything moved it pluged it back in, and can't get rid of found new hardwa

DJM1972

Baseband Member
My friend just moved into a new place and when he set it back up at his new home the found new hardware wizard would keep poping up. He was pretty pissed. :mad: Windows wouldn't tell us witch piece of hardware it was. Since he had so many devices we couldn't tell what it was.
I'm not sure if anyone can help but I think he is screwed because this is a windows glitch.
XP by the way the os I mean.

We went into the Device Manager and I think it came up under other devices with a little (?) by it or something.
Why doesn't it at least let you know what type of hardware it is?
Hopefully they change this in longhorn. This is crapy.
Moving was bad enough let alone haveing to reformat
please help.

well i could be wrong but it sounds to me like something came loose during the move.

i would tell him to check everything & make shure it is all snug , and seated properly. (wires/cables/connectors.

if everything checks ok w/connections, then go back to devise manager & right click the devise that has the ? mark next to it, and tell us if properties has a conflict with something.

Re: Unpluged everything moved it pluged it back in, and can't get rid of found new hardwa

Why do some of the USB cables have little cylinders at the ends? A usb cable is a usb cable right, :confused: they are all interchangable?
The weird thing is, I remember buying something one time and in the instructions it says to make sure you use the usb cable with this device that was supplied in the box.
What makes the difference. a usb is a usb?

well most printers & such print faster using USB , and the 1st USB cables were pretty fast, but now there is USB2 wich is faster than USB1.
there is also FIREWIRE, and that's faster yet.

by the end of the year, there will be USB3 probably....Lol
anyway's USB is cool, cuz you can daisy chain alot of items to it.

Re: Unpluged everything moved it pluged it back in, and can't get rid of found new hardwa

DJM1972 said:
We went into the Device Manager and I think it came up under other devices with a little (?) by it or something.
Why doesn't it at least let you know what type of hardware it is?
Hopefully they change this in longhorn. This is crapy.
Moving was bad enough let alone haveing to reformat
please help.

If it knew what device it is it wouldn't have trouble installing it....

In regards to Longhorn...The same applies, if it knew the type of hardware it wouldn't have problems installing it....Plus, Longhorn is an OS concept based on the business communication world...Don't hold your breath about it being this furturistic gaming and mutlimedia platform...

P.S. Your friend should keep a backup of his motherboard drivers. Look at your Motherboard model, and start downloading the lastest drivers and storing them on floppy disks or cd-rs.....

yes, tryined one game on it and it died before it got to the main menu it was aliens vs predator. a pretty light graphics game

after teh intial first try it would fail to work after that. any other games would not botehr to act like they were going to work (build 4015 and 4074)

i rest my case....

its longhorn what you expect

a fetus inside of a mom cow that'll never be born!!

time to abort that calf and work on xp 64 bit edition!!!

Back
Top Bottom