Ubuntu HELP PLEASE!!!

CarterVol3

Solid State Member
I have both Windows 7 and Ubuntu operating systems on my computer. I can choose which one to load from the boot menu when I start my computer. Is there anyway to share the different programs I have on Windows and Ubuntu. Ex. when I boot with Ubuntu Vegas Pro 10.0, Microsoft Office, and WinZip are not there.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Windows and Linux software are exclusive to the operating system for which it was written. There is software that is written for both Windows and Linux, such as Handbrake or LibreOffice, but the Windows version will only work in Windows, and the Linux version will only work in Linux. Linux does have a Windows emulator that is suppose to allow some Windows software to work in Linux, but I don't have any experience with it. I find the Linux software does what I need.

For microsoft office you can use open office, Use Archive Manager for handle the winzip files.

Your right WinZip isn't there but there are two programs called zip and unzip, that should cover that for you, also you can use tar, and bzip if you are going from linux to window. Then you just have to use a program like 7zip, to open the files. Another choice for Microsoft Office is LibreOffice. This is a young but very good program that works quite well. For alternatives to Vegas Pro, I would recommend that you have a look at the website Alternativesto.net. This will give you some of the option that you have. Then you just have to figure out which one you like best.

Back
Top Bottom