Trouble Downloading (99% Forever)

FDB20

Beta member
Hey there. Bit of a hiccup with Downloading files on my PC (Windows 7 64 Bit).

Upon beginning to use my computer everything will appear fine. But for some odd reason Downloads will randomly stop working correctly later on (after about 2-3 hours or so of use), and will freeze at 99%, forcing me to reboot. This issue doesn't appear to be due to any file type in particular. All downloads regardless of file type will do the same; (and I tested on multiple browsers with the same result as well). The only solution thus far is a complete restart of my computer.

Wondering if anyone had any suggestions to fix this, or at least info on what might be the cause so we can figure it out.

This is a guess but it sounds like some kind of file permissions issue. What folder do your downloads save to? have you tried going into your browser settings and changing this location to somewhere else? Or try using a different account on your PC?

Thanks for the reply.

My downloads save to the downloads folder. I tried to save it to the desktop and the same issue persists. I actually already created a new account and same issue.

One odd thing I just noticed is I can download files from my External HDD just fine, even when I'm having issues downloading files online.

That's strange. What kind of anti-virus program do you have? Perhaps disable it and t hen try again? I'd also check Event Viewer for any pertinent logs.

I may be wrong but could it be a sign that the hard drive is on its last legs or that something is wrong with Windows?

My hard drive is fine according to the tests I ran, and I just re-instaled Windows a couple weeks ago.

I use avast and bitdefender as my anti-virus/ anti-malware. Disabled them and the issue remains.

I'll check out Event Viewer and see if anything sticks out, and update if I find anything.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions though

Maybe you could try a download manager software, and see if that helps.

At the moment I can't think of a download manager, but you could Google one.

Yes BK, I used to use that in the past , but I haven't used it in a while since I haven't had problems with downloads.

Update:

So I DLed the Internet Download Manager and it basically saved the day. Thanks for the suggestion!

I continue to have the same issue, however using the download manager I'm able to bypass that issue and download whatever file I'd like. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom