taking off cntl-alt-delete

boodroe

Solid State Member
How do I take off the windows login that requiers you to press cntl-alt-delete at the first. I log into administartor and went to users in control panel and pressed the advanced tab. At the bottom it has a box checked that says "use the cntrl-alt-delete" start up login to ensure everyone logs in... yadda, yadda, and it is blanked out and wont let me uncheck it. How do I take it off?

windows XP

Thanks

go to control panel and if it isnt already, switch to category view. press on user accounts, and click on "change the way users log on and off" and uncheck the use welcome screen.

boodroe said:
How do I take off the windows login that requiers you to press cntl-alt-delete at the first. I log into administartor and went to users in control panel and pressed the advanced tab. At the bottom it has a box checked that says "use the cntrl-alt-delete" start up login to ensure everyone logs in... yadda, yadda, and it is blanked out and wont let me uncheck it. How do I take it off?

windows XP

Thanks

This is because it's probolly implemented by your network administrator with group policys.

yes it is. We bought about 10 computers from another company, they gave us the admin password but that is it, and im trying to take off the login screen at the first. It wont let me do it as the first reply suggested, it is different the regular windows "user accounts" page

but its not hooked to any server or the internet, could this still be the problem, if so how do I take it off.

If this is Windows XP Pro, you should be able to go to Control Panel, Administrator Tools, Local Security Policy, Security Options, Interactive Login: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL- place to disabled. Also, check to see if they are on a domain still. Right-click My Computer, go to Computer Name, click Change, and make it part of a workgroup instead of a domain. Keep in mind that it is very strange for a company to sell a computer without securly wipeing the hard drive- it's almost unheard of. If it is still a member of the domain, and you're looking for a way around this stuff, and these options don't work, then it is being enforced by a GP, and you will not be able to change the above items.

Back
Top Bottom