Suse Linux: I'm impressed!

lhuser

Golden Master
After setting Linux up, I find that Suse can read NTFS and FAT32! I am listening to music off my Windows Partition! How's that for a chnge eh? I think Linux will take me over... And my login username: I asked for a sugestion, it gave me: lxuser...lxuser and lhuser! awesome!

Now when *Nix can write to NTFS and Fat32 partitions that'd be the day.

the trouble is the NTFS eradbility has had to be hacked out of the harddisk, since NTFS is windows copyrighted and the patent is secret...

FAT on the otherhand is a lot more open and has been around longer... thus enjoys greater support...

Don't find me stupid, but when I updated it, Suse wouldn't boot, leaving me with Windows...had to do all the crap with Windows...start from Scratch...AGAIN! I don't know If I should use Suse as standalone...

Does Virtual PC has a Linux version

lhuser said:
Don't find me stupid, but when I updated it, Suse wouldn't boot, leaving me with Windows...had to do all the crap with Windows...start from Scratch...AGAIN! I don't know If I should use Suse as standalone...

Does Virtual PC has a Linux version

What did you update?

Anyway, if you want Suse back... Or should I say... If you want Grub back, simply do a repair install from the Suse Installation CD. It won't install all your stuff back. Instead, it'll repair the boot sector and place Grub back.

I would advise never to do a complete update, meaning many updates all at once. There is an offchance now and then that one update is screwed up. Update a few at a time, this reduces the risk.

Back
Top Bottom