Strange message

bluenose1940

In Runtime
A number of times during the past week I have had a message appear on my desktop.

Can anyone tell me what it is please and is it anything I need to be concerned about or, is there anything that I need to do to stop it from appearing.

Hopefully I have attached an image of the message.

Thank you.

Capture 29_04_20.JPG

Thank you for your input Wallaby Dan, but is this anything an almost 80 year old non-computer-whizz should be concerned about and if it is, what can I do about it?

I meant to mention in my original post that I have also had messages appear in the bottom right hand corner of my monitor. This message says that Windows defender has recognised virus threats and I need to take action. I've only remembered this because one just appeared after I logged-on just now. When i looked yesterday there were a number that were labelled as 'severe' and some as 'medium'. I seem to recall that I had the option to 'ignore' 'quarantine' or 'remove' them.
I didn't know what I was doing so I simply removed them. I recall that the word 'trojan' was mentioned at some point.

Is all of this any cause for concern and is action needed outside of me just 'removing' them?

Last edited:
I would go to your windows update and see the updates and find that 4.8 net framework and uninstall it.Do a restart and see if that fixes it. If it does then you know what you don't want in the computer. I would also make sure that future updates not be allow to be downloaded but let you decide witch ones to install. that way you can select other downloads that don't have anything to do with the 4.8 net framework. Also you might check out windows update and see if maybe they know about the bug and maybe a fix for it. By now they may already have a patch for it. Thats the best ideas i have. Hope you can get it fixed. Windows can be buggy sometimes. Sometimes they push the upgrade before they debug the update. Thats when this kinda stuff happens. Hope you can fix it and i just had another idea. Try and do a system restore and see if there is a restore point to just before that update went in. Not sure what else i can give advice to. Good Luck an let us know how it goes.wd

Back
Top Bottom