SPAM emails

Lyndzi23

Beta member
I recently have started to receive some SPAM emails in my main AOL mailbox. But I was more interested in knowing how this would have started? They are from random places like: "Home Security, "Boost Your Testosterone," and when I click on who it was sent from this is one of the examples: "Health Center lyndzi23@penalinex.com" and my email is lyndzi23 but why am I getting all these spams with my email attached to their own .com address? Would a person have to sign my e-mail up for that or would it be a form of spam from a website I may have visited?

You signed up for some site and checked the "I agree..." which included the fact that they were going to sell your information you gave them to other people. Happens every day.

The lyndzi23 trick is actually quite easy. I do this at work programmatically. Most Exchange or email servers will accept simple SMTP requests without authentication. If that's true, I can send you an email from your own address, because I'm simply telling the server that the from is actually you.

Scummy situation/site/company + easy trick... all equates to SPAM hell.

Back
Top Bottom