Sp2

Lord Kalthorn said:
You don't really need to know after you're ordering a CD - but did you go onto the Download Section of Microsoft and try and install the 256Meg SP2 Installer, or did you try through Windows Update?

I think I did but im not sure. Cant really remember.

Ok, I am experiencing the same problems. However XP was already on my computer when I bought it. Does this mean because I cannot download SP2 that my version of XP is un-registered? I ordered the CD, and well that obviously didn't work either. If so.. does that mean i'm screwed? Is there anything I can do?

DONT install SP2! I ended up reformatting and reinstalling windows.
Why not just use update that sits in your system tray to download updates? When SP2 is downloaded, simply uncheck the box next to it and selet "Never download again" (or something like that)

~~~NETUSER~~~ said:
DONT install SP2! I ended up reformatting and reinstalling windows.
Why not just use update that sits in your system tray to download updates? When SP2 is downloaded, simply uncheck the box next to it and selet "Never download again" (or something like that)

why shouldn't we? its the best thing under the sun! its just not compatible with your computer...or the drivers aren't current...i encourage everyone with xp to download sp2. and the reason some of you couldn't do it before is because their servers weren't ready. i had the same problem. but now you can do it just fine.

Download it from Microsoft Downloads! Download the full 260Meg Download, and install offline. Better download, now Internet load - and you're not on the Internet while it is updating.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Download it from Microsoft Downloads! Download the full 260Meg Download, and install offline. Better download, now Internet load - and you're not on the Internet while it is updating.

i agree. but what about us broadband/dsl users? it doesnt matter if we're online...

so do you recommend sp2?

I do, highly.

As for the Microsoft Download Download - its better in more ways than just not having to have it downloading while its installing. The main boost is the fact you're not on hte internet while you're installing - and that its just a better way to install it.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I do, highly.

As for the Microsoft Download Download - its better in more ways than just not having to have it downloading while its installing. The main boost is the fact you're not on hte internet while you're installing - and that its just a better way to install it.

i guess i agree...

Back
Top Bottom