Sound gone

chrisf-1

Baseband Member
Hi everyone and I hope you can be of help to me I originally posted this on the hardware forum as that is what I thought it was, but have since found out differently during my messing about trying to cure it I used system restore and got my sound back, but since then I have had to format my HDD'S and reload windows 7 64 bit and obviously all the updates that go with it and no longer have a restore point to go back to I am running IE9 which may or may not have something to do with it my computer is a Dell XPS 720 with a Q6600 CPU, Nvidia 8800 GTX GPU, and 8 gig of ram, and built in sound no card. I look forward to hearing from you many thanks Chris

Hi again everyone I have just woken early and thought I would give the computer a look re this problem and the sound is back but I know after about 30 Min's use it will disappear again Detox suggested the motherboard disc which I don't have any other suggestions out there getting desperate now thanks Chris

if you don't have the disk, you can go Dell's website to get the drivers for your system. Usually the site has newer drivers than the disk anyways.

there should be a service tag on your dell tower and all you got to do is type it in and it will get the right drivers for your pc.

Back
Top Bottom