Sound Device Installed but no Sound

dunneng

Beta member
I was attempting to get stereo sound (only had mono) on my speakers and from the advice of an online post, installed an extra PnP enumerator, and ended up with no sound at all.

When I go into Device Manager, there are two problem devices: 'Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller' & 'Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer' -- they both have error code 42 (Windows cannot load the device driver because of a duplicate device running on system). The Sound Card 'Realtek AC'97 Audio' reports that the driver is enabled and functioning properly.

I tried updating to the latest drivers at Realtek to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

I was attempting to get stereo sound (only had mono) on my speakers and from the advice of an online post, installed an extra PnP enumerator, and ended up with no sound at all.

When I go into Device Manager, there are two problem devices: 'Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller' & 'Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer' -- they both have error code 42 (Windows cannot load the device driver because of a duplicate device running on system). The Sound Card 'Realtek AC'97 Audio' reports that the driver is enabled and functioning properly.

I tried updating to the latest drivers at Realtek to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

I would go into Device Manager and uninstall all devices related to the sound card. Then I would download the latest drivers for the sound card and install.

Back
Top Bottom