Silence isn"t golden

desdichato

Baseband Member
Hi,

Not sure whether this is a hardware or software issue, I'm using an Asus VX2S laptop with 7 on it and I am having a problem with it.

The sound is playing up....what is happening is sometimes the sounds will play other times it won't and I cannot figure out why this is happening...I have been downloading some Anime most of which come as multiple episodes and it is frustrating the hell out of me because I am able to play (as an example) the first episode without a problem but when I play episode two there is silence....when the sound comes back on and I play episode 2 again it works well.

I have got the latest drivers downloaded but even that has hasn't solved the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas I can try??????

TIA

P

Use driversweeper (or similar) to scan for all fo your sound drivers. Uninstall every trace and then reinstall the latest. You may still have conflicting drivers it sounds like.

^Good advice, but I would go one step further and uninstall all sound card related hardware from within device manager. Then I would reboot and let Windows detect the audio hardware and install the latest drivers at that point.

Back
Top Bottom