Removal of Comodo firewall...

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
Well, its clear. I cannot remove the comodo firewall from Crystal's computer without her losing all internet access.

I have tried multiple removal tools, I have tried contacting Comodo... nothing works! :confused:

If you guys have any ideas that might help, that would be great. Because for now, she is without help. It disables the windows firewall, and will not allow anything to access the internet even in "training mode", so I am lost. I have reinabled UAC (as much of a pain as that is) to try and keep her from getting infected again, and I have done everything short of a lecture on internet safety.

If you guys can find a removal tool that was actually created by Comodo, that would be great. I have tried on VM's to recreate the problem, and I cannot.

Looks like there's still a problem with the PC then. I would never recommend relying on removing a virus using software, I'd always recommend backing up the required data and reinstalling the operating system.

That is the last resort. (She lives across the country, and still...)
But I have found no resident malware on her computer. I can upload all of the data that she will allow tonight to show you guys, but the only thing that I want her to personally remove (which combofix already killed once) is the YTdownloader program. Still, that was gone when the troubles started.

She has almost no knowledge of computers, just enough to stay, well sort of safe online. Please do not ask me why she needs a YTdownloader, as I dont know and have not asked her. But a reinstall would be left up to her sister, whom after talking to, I have very little confidence in.

Thank you for your feedback though. :)

Dunno whether this is of any use to you

4 Ways to Uninstall Comodo Internet Security Premium - wikiHow

YTdownloader is used to download You Tube videos so there is no reason why you couldn't uninstall that and then reinstall it if you think it's causing a problem. I have to agree with Joedaman633 to be honest. By the time you have faffed around trying to get rid of a virus, and even then you have absolutely no way of knowing whether it's all gone, it's much quicker and certainly more certain just to reinstall everything from scratch.

I will try that with her. Thank you. :)
EDIT
I still thank you, but after looking through that, I know that it is not the answer because I have already tried that solution.

I do not wish to reinstall the OS unless we have to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom