reformatting but partition is unknown

jOHNkSOY

Baseband Member
Recently I DBAN'd my aunts computer because she was having trouble with bugs it had with her printer. BTW her computer was VISTA

So I DBAN her computer then I boot the windows xp disk. I click enter than f8 to agree. Then it tells me which drive and all the paritions are UNKNOWN. I try to create new but a darker blue screen comes up with words and numbers and I cant do anything about it.

I am noob with computers but I thought I could do it because I have done it before on my xp computer but its different on vista? Dban ran fine. No OS right now.

The drives are probaly on a raid controller. IN BIOS there should be an option to turn them into "legacy" or "IDE" mode.

thanks alot

that seemed to be the easy part.

Now that windows xp is loaded I cant find any XP drivers.
The computer is a HP Pavilioin a6057c. I checked the website but they only have vista drivers. Help please

thanks alot

that seemed to be the easy part.

Now that windows xp is loaded I cant find any XP drivers.
The computer is a HP Pavilioin a6057c. I checked the website but they only have vista drivers. Help please

good luck, hp/compaq doesn't make xp drivers for there new laptops to make it a pain in the ass to downgrade. You can try calling them, but you won't get much help at all and if you have a warranty repair you would have to put vista back on before they would accept it. Should have just bought a new printer, less hasle and could get a decent one for under a 100 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom